[development] Re: Why Drupal 4.7 is late? (long)

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Mon Jan 16 15:31:50 UTC 2006

On 16 Jan 2006, at 5:11 PM, Larry Garfield wrote:
> Frankly I hate the goto() calls. :-)  Doesn't that double the load
> on the
> server, since Drupal gets built up, processes the request,
> redirects, and
> then gets built up AGAIN to display the page it was already at?
> What's the
> advantage of the goto, when the downside is doubling the load on
> the system?
And changes in the form need to propogate.

Since the form is created before the submit is called (with no way to
recreate it)
meaning that when you display the form (after having submitted it)
any changes
you have made don't reflect yet.

The fact that the values you are seeing as correct are just because
they were in the _POST,
and overrode the defaults provided (the things you need to change).

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy