[development] Module to Track RSS Subscribers

Nick Lewis nick at smartcampaigns.com
Mon Jan 16 19:04:38 UTC 2006

Hi folks, I'm in the early stages of building a set of scripts that
parse out info about hits to a site's RSS feed. The goal is to
trasmogrify what is now only viewable as thousands of anonymous hits to
node/feed to a list of total hits to node/feed by ip address. My hope is
that this will be the foundation for a module/feature that gives me a
ballpark idea of how many RSS subscribers I actually have.

Anyone working on something similar?
Or should I consider building this as a new feature to submit for review
in the statistics.module?
Finally, the statistics.module dropped a lot of functionality that would
have allowed this anyway after the port to 4.6 -- was there a good
reason for this?

Best,
Nick Lewis
http://nicklewis.smartcampaigns.com