[development] sequences and table prefixing

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Thu Jan 19 14:01:20 UTC 2006

Op donderdag 19 januari 2006 14:41, schreef Moshe Weitzman:
> Having said that, I'd really like to see us do away with sequences and just
> use native identity/auto-increment/serial fields instead.

A +1. It annoyes me, that when I share tables, I have huge 'gaps' in tids and
nids on various sites, because they were added on another one.

Another idea i came up with, is to simply store the numbers in variable_get()
vars. Might be worth investigating, since we only have about 8 vars to track.

Bèr
--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]