[development] Evil hack: admin/modules without memory restrictions

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Sun Jan 22 16:24:15 UTC 2006

Allie

I agree with  you that an ini format may be better than the
hypothetical format I used, let us go for that instead.

But I have to disagree that modules should share files. This brings us
back to a centralized file that has to be updated (reminiscent of
Windows registry).

If we mandate that each module should have its own directory, then let
each module get its own ini file (modulename.ini), and then we can
have in it anything we like in the future. Module maintainers still
distribute something that is self contained.

The only snag is that core has to be reorganized to have directories.

Now, all this would have to tie into the automated install that is
under development (was it Vlado who was last working on it?). Are we
discussing something that is opposed to what he is doing, or something
that overlaps it, or something that compliments it?