[development] using #downloads for quality of modules

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Wed Jan 25 06:27:45 UTC 2006

> What would be even better is that once the site page is back up is
> modify the drupal.module to also send a list of the modules enabled,
> this would allow people to identify how popular certain modules are.
>
> I would make it so there is no direct correlation between the site and
> the modules that are running.

This has been implemented.  As of Drupal 4.7.0 beta 3, Drupal
optionally sends a list of installed themes and modules.  While the
client-side functionality has been implemented, we still need to
implement the backend infrastructure to process the data, and to
integrate it with the project module.  Want to help?  Let me know.