[development] Rating module quality

Steven Peck speck at blkmtn.org
Thu Jan 26 18:44:18 UTC 2006

Not having looked at the voting api... is it merely a rating module or does it have the ability to have the users comments with their vote?  Also, assuming that these votes are tied to a user account, do these votes/comments reflect account status?  Example, Bob really likes module B and creates several accounts to mess with the results, bob's accounts are blocked... does this reflect into the count?  Also, we have more spammers now (not a lot but...) when we block there account can we also delete the comments in the vote (shows up in tracker)?  It would definitly be a vector for spam.  Download.com has this issue at times with their user supplied review/votes...

-sp