[development] Reboot the PHP filter talk

Kobus Myburgh itbjdm at puknet.puk.ac.za
Mon Jan 30 10:18:50 UTC 2006

Robert,

You have a compelling argument. I withdraw my opinion from earlier ;-)

Regards,

Kobus

>>> rob at robshouse.net 1/30/2006 12:16:08 PM >>>
Kobus,

I think the point is that filters have a clear path of integration
through the module system already. A common case is that a module
depends on the filter for a part of its functionality, and that the
filter cannot simply stand alone. The the GMap module, for example.
Without the macro creator to generate the blob of text from a Google
map, the filter would be useless. Having it in a separate file would
benefit nobody, and having some filters in modules and some filters in
.filter files would be very confusing. Furthermore, filters often depend
on other module hooks, so separating them from their module roots also
doesn't make sense.

cheers,

Robert