[development] Front page module - The way it should be.[tm]

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Tue Jan 31 23:51:38 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 12:10 -0600, Allie Micka wrote:

> I also implemented a cascading variable system so that subject,
> message and other settings can be set on a per-module, per-nodetype
> and per-node level, with default from the next item up the tree.  Not
> relevant to this conversation, but interesting and probably worth a
> look.

> Allie Micka
> pajunas interactive, inc.
> http://www.pajunas.com

And  where could I look to see this cascading goodness... I'm using
something similar in a modified thumbnail module I'm working on... I
would like to compare implementation...

function _thumbnail_get_var($var, $node) {
  global $thumb_defs;
  $node = (array) $node;
  if (isset($node['thumb_'.$var])) {
    $value = $node['thumb_'.$var];
  }
  else {
    $value =  variable_get('thumb_' .  $node['type'] . '_' . $var ,
variable_get('thumb_' . $var, $thumb_defs[$var]));
  }
  return $value;
}

is what I was playing with for this particular use case.