[development] Time for a new chapter of an endless debate

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Sun Jul 2 15:04:22 UTC 2006

Hi,

Drupal uses objects. Reasons are probably lost by now in the ancient past.

PHP is still not the best. I can write:

somefunction(array('this' => 'that'))

while there is no similar construct for objects.

Also we use arrays for links, menus, links and soon mails.

So, I propose removal of objects on practical grounds: shorter notation
and a very little memory gain.

If you have an opinion please share but I think we are only furthered by
_practical_ viewpoints. No theory can make Drupal faster or lower its
memory usage.

The change looks big but it's not, it's scriptable and I can whip up such
a script in a very short time.

Regards

NK

Ps. Readability issues? I do not think there is any difference.