[development] Moderation bit behavior

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Wed Jul 5 13:57:13 UTC 2006

Dries Buytaert wrote:

> On 05 Jul 2006, at 14:52, Chris Johnson wrote:
>> If the consensus becomes that the moderation bit needs to be removed,
>> get my attention and I'll build the patch.  I don't have the mental
>> bandwidth to intelligently discuss moderation / workflow right now,
>> but I do have the time to crank out global patches.
>
> Let's take a couple minutes to figure out the drawbacks of removing the
> moderation bit.  What does that mean for modules like the book.module
> and queue.module?  How would they achieve their goals?
>
> --
> Dries Buytaert  ::  http://www.buytaert.net/

It means that those modules will need to maintain their own table if they
don't already. They will need to join to this table in order to provide a
queue listing. Not too expensive I think ... The admin/node option for
viewing the moderation queue goes away and gets replaced by these various
contrib modules. I can't think of other drawbacks.

I think this is a good thing. Chris - I think a patch is in order, and we
can review from there.