[development] Moderation bit behavior

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 00:02:28 UTC 2006

On 7/6/06, Dries Buytaert <dries.buytaert at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05 Jul 2006, at 16:00, Khalid B wrote:
> > The bigger question is: does any other module use this
> > column in the database?
>
> I'm pretty sure most of the modules you showed are not actually using
> the moderate-flag.  Much like many of the Drupal core modules, they
> read/check the moderation-flag, rather than actually updating/using it.

I can't speak for all the modules in that list, but as for the
category module, it only uses the 'moderate' bit for reading/checking,
and it only does so in order to be consistent with the book module.
It's just adding cruft to the code, IMO, so I would be glad to be able
to remove all traces of it.

Cheers,
Jaza.