[development] re: imagefield / imagecache

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Fri Jul 7 12:38:37 UTC 2006

'imagefield'[1] is its own project. If you've been experimenting with
cck and imagefield, please post issues to the 'imagefield' project. I'm
going to keep it on its own until JonBob comes back and includes it in
the mainline cck. imagefield requires the cvs HEAD version of cck.

'imagecache'[2] is a dynamic image resizer and caching tool. I use it
with imagefield for thumbnail generation so I don't have to track data
about derivative media in the database. I generate and trash as needed.
It requires .htaccess and clean urls to function properly. The current
cvs version is free of the DOS exploit in the prior version and allows
multiple actions to be performed to create a derivative image. Only
scale and resize are implemented.

I'd appreciate feedback/patches/bugs if you play.

*note: recent security fixes seems to have broken the preview feature in
'imagefield' when using clean urls. To enable previews, in the .htaccess
in your files directory, comment out RewriteEngine Off, and add
+FollowSymlinks to the Options line.

ciao.
.darrel.

Footnotes: