[development] Extending Modules

Benjamin Maurice pwgdarchive at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 14:48:23 UTC 2006

I very much expected to find "best practices" for extending modules, but I
haven't.

Does anyone have any pointers to resources or advice?

It's great that Drupal itself is modular, but if I want to add a little
something to a module that already does 90% of what I want, it seems there
ought to be a standard way to do this without forking it.

Wrapping a module I can imagine how to do, and overriding or adding
functions as needed, but it seems there could be a way to do this without
having to define every function and pass it through.  At least I hope to
find recommendations on how to do this.

Thanks for any help,

Ben Melançon
of