[development] Modules for Core

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Fri Jul 7 21:49:41 UTC 2006

Again, though, the issue is that forums are one feature of one kind of
community. I've set up almost a dozen drupal sites and only three used
forums. Six used blogging features, four included content aggregation.
Ten needed the links.module APIs.

This all comes back to the question we've talked about before: what is
'core'? I think that focusing on APIs, infrastructure, and toolkits in
'core' is the best bet. Repackaging the current lineup of 'core' modules
as a Drupal install profile, perhaps a 'turnkey web community', is the
approach we need to move towards.

Obviously, just my $.02.

--Jeff