[development] Re: Patches

Frando (Franz Heinzmann) frando at xcite-online.de
Sun Jul 9 11:40:25 UTC 2006

What about having both in one theme?

My suggestion for a new standard core theme would be to have a base html
theme that's as universally valid as possible. Then, this html theme
will be put into a standard - 3column - layout by layout.css. Both the
HTML and the CSS can be used by designers as a starting point. Then, we
should have a second CSS file, style.css, that does all the styling,
color, background image, .. stuff to make our new default theme look
drupalish-unique and maybe even a little fancy (if that's wanted).

In other words:

1. "Perfect" HTML scaffold, no tables, content structure over design,
can be used as a starting point by designers (and probably will nearly
always be used)
2. First CSS file: layout CSS. Still very designer friendly and universal
3. Second CSS file: styling CSS. Makes our theme look great and unique.
Will maybe be used in some parts by designers as a source of inspiration.

best regards,
Frando