[development] drupal.org timing out

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 05:01:59 UTC 2006

It's not just you, sime - I have been experiencing similar problems as
well. drupal.org has been working pretty well for me, but
groups.drupal.org and cvs.drupal.org (in particular) have been
extremely unreliable for me.

I was trying to access CVS contrib a few nights ago, and was
completely unable to connect. I was on IRC at the time, and I asked
Dries if he could reproduce a similar problem. He was unable to
reproduce any such problem. I ended up SSHing into my university
server, where I was able to perform a CVS update just fine.

I think that it could have something to do with both of us being in
Australia (although my uni server is also in Australia). I have
contacted my ISP (iiNet), and they were unable to identify any problem
on their side - they said that if it's just one particular site that
I'm having problems with, then it must be a problem with the server
hosting that site. I'm not so sure.

Anyway, I hope that we can sort out this weird mystery, and that we
can get it all to work reliably once more!

Cheers,
Jaza.