[development] replacing hook_user('form') with hook_form_alter()

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Mon Jul 10 14:40:37 UTC 2006

> different tabs when editing a profile. do people think this multiple tab
> model is useful? if so, can modules achieve this in some way without

Well, visually to the user, yes, the tabs are required. I'd hate to have
a hundred fields on one particular user account page, without some sort
of categorization or breakdown.

 From an API standpoint, no, I see no real reason why data has to come
in as if it were separated into its categories. Internally, I don't
think it makes any difference how the data is organized, and a module
implementing a new tab should know what particular fields it expects to
work on of the incoming data.

--
Morbus Iff ( you, me, eropuri? aawwwwwWWWw yYeahahhHHAhhh )