[development] Created vs modified

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Thu Jul 13 03:32:43 UTC 2006

Walt Daniels wrote:
> I see a created field and a changed field in the node table, but I think
> these are dates not authors. There is also a uid which I suspect is the
> author, perhaps tied to the authmap table?? But no change author.
>
> So what I want may not be as simple as you imply.

It is as simple as:

Creating a table with the fields you need (in this case, as I said,
'changed_by'), and a 'nid' to tie it to the node table.

Implementing hook_nodeapi

for 'insert' and 'update' events, writing the appropriate information
(in this case, putting $user->uid into changed_by)

for 'load' events loading the appropriate information.

And do the rest via theming.

It is as simple as I say (not imply).