[development] install system

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Thu Jul 13 15:31:07 UTC 2006

On 13 Jul 2006, at 5:22 PM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> I think it is a simple profile.  Let's not make it any more
> complicated than that.  It is OK to embed module specific logic in
> a profile.  That's what install profiles are about.  All it takes
> are a dozen INSERTs.
Umm.. what I would like to see here.. and it's not because i am being
funny..

is all install profiles being in their own directory , and the
default content being php files. (similar to the fixture idea that
dries has).

I just like the idea of user-1.object, node-2.object files more than
the idea of having to edit sql, especially when it comes to creation
of complex
data types.

also. perhaps a variables.object.

of course. there's the programmatically submitting nodes problem =).

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy