[development] install system

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Thu Jul 13 18:19:49 UTC 2006

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Earl Dunovant wrote:
> On 7/13/06, Dries Buytaert <dries.buytaert at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> But it begs the question: how are we going to handle install
>> profiles?  Where and how to maintain them?  Should we have one or
>> more profiles in core?
>
> If you have profiles is core, does that kill the idea of Drupal developing
> into a set of APIs and cutting back on core modules?

Who has this idea? Last time Dries said he actually intends to add more
modules to core, and that the value for a module of being in core (and its
reputation among the community) is not understood by most, who think that
a module moved to contrib could just as easily work for anybody. Look up
recent discussions on the development ML.

Gabor