[development] fixing nodeapi : programmatically submitting forms.

Nedjo Rogers nedjo at islandnet.com
Fri Jul 14 21:36:48 UTC 2006

> if we implement this , you could just do a hook_forms call, and do  json
> conversions by just calling
> the form callback.
>
> much much simpler.

Indeed. I've done a similar redirection of form submission in the
ajaxsubmit.module (part of Javascript Tools), where we set a form element
which triggers the submit to be redirected to a JSON callback. It required
some fancy footwork to handle previews vs. submits with errors vs.
successful submits. Functional, but again the planned approach would
simplify AJAX submissions as well.