[development] pointreleases and guidelines for contribs

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Sat Jul 15 23:07:26 UTC 2006

On Jul 14, 2006, at 11:56 AM, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:

> http://drupal.org/node/58066
>
> This is where you want to add your ideas. Derek is currently
> travelling in Europe so this is somewhat on halt.

right. ;)  this has been discussed exhaustively in #58066.  i think
everyone's (basically) happy with the conclusions of that debate
(though there are still a few details to work out).

we're currently hashing out an implementation plan in http://
groups.drupal.org/node/847.

please share ideas or help write code that implements part of what's
discussed there.  i'd *really* like to avoid re-hashing the debate in
#58066, so please read that, first.

thanks!
-derek

p.s. yes, i'm back at my laptop in oakland, ca, so in theory i'll
have time to work on this in the near future.  this is one of my top
drupal priorities these days, since i'd love to have real releases
and branches to work on before i get too much further with any of my
contrib work...