[development] Have you ever laughed fate in the face?

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Sun Jul 16 03:59:07 UTC 2006

Hi,

The current way Drupal deals with delete -- using a confirm page -- is not
a real good one.

Think of it. It becomes a habit very quick to press Confirm, and also "of
course I really want to delete it, that's why I pressed the button". A day
later when you realize that this deletion was not a good idea, you can
almost hear the whining of the computer "but you pressed confirm!". "A
computer is like an Old Testament god, with a lot of rules and no mercy"
-- how does this image mate with the friendly smiling face we have choosen
as our icon?

Chad Philips is working on a patch since last fall which would let Drupal
get rid of these absolutely-not-useful confirm screens and give you a
shiny moment when you find out that your precious content CAN be brought
back from the dead.

It deserves much more attention than it gets:

http://drupal.org/node/35422

Please review!

Thanks,

NK