[development] Have you ever laughed fate in the face?

Chad Phillips -- Apartment Lines chad at apartmentlines.com
Mon Jul 17 20:56:43 UTC 2006

On Jul 17, 2006, at 2:40 PM, Neil Drumm wrote:

> I think this is a good change. Forgiveness is a good thing to have.
> But
> it simply can't be added without people looking at it. Same goes for
> every other feature.

just to put everybody in the loop here: chx and i have been
discussing the idea of a deletion API for drupal core, which would
address killes' modular concerns as regards this functionality, as
well as allow us to break out all the confirm code into a seperate
module.  what this means is that site admins would have the following
options for a deletion workflow:

1. the current scheme: no trashbin, with confirm screens
2. trashbin with confirm screens
3. trashbin with no confirm screens
4. no trashbin, no confirm screens (for those who like to live
dangerously!)

simply enable or disable either of the confirm.module or
trashbin.module to get the desired combination.

in addition, the API would provide non-core modules with greater
access to the core's deletion cycle (which is currently fairly closed)

i've already begun work on this, and my goal is to have this up for
testing within one week, if all goes well.

in the meantime, i would still love to get reviews of the original
trashbin patch, as most of that code will be used in this new API
schema.

patch is located here:  http://drupal.org/node/35422#comment-115495

test site is located here: http://undo.xcarnated.com/