[development] Building $node->body with arrays like FAPI for viewing

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Tue Jul 18 18:08:32 UTC 2006

On Jul 14, 2006, at 3:52 PM, Rob Barreca wrote:

> But would like to get a bit more input so I know if this is of some
> interest before a create a patch for review.

i'd love to see this.  for example, it's a real pain that there's no
way to specify *where* in the body the location fields should show up
in a location-enabled node (http://drupal.org/node/47831).  i have
the same problem with the signup form for signup-enabled nodes.
adding this kind of flexibility would be great.  +1 to the concept.

while we're at it, perhaps we should have an element in this
structure that specifies if the given thing should be visible in the
teaser, too...  i haven't thought this out, yet, but it might be an
easier, more logical way to control what you want in the teaser vs.
body than the system we have now...  just brainstorming here.  please
shoot down this part of the proposal if it's a crappy idea. ;)

thanks,
-derek