[development] Building $node->body with arrays like FAPI for viewing

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Tue Jul 18 21:14:25 UTC 2006

Op dinsdag 18 juli 2006 20:08, schreef Derek Wright:
> way to specify *where* in the body the location fields should show up

MVC: nowhere, nothing, should ever build up a body except the theme (V in
MVC).

That is where the real problem lies. We really don't want to pass large chunks
of ugly HTML around. We certainly don't want "developers" to make nice
presentations (build HTML and glue that to a $node->bopy blurp :p .

We want our modules and core, to present the theme-layer a nice structure
filled with metadata. Then let the theme (trough handy APIs) build a body
from that.

--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]