[development] Object caching

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Thu Jul 20 23:19:02 UTC 2006

Adrian Rossouw wrote:

> On 20 Jul 2006, at 11:32 PM, Dries Buytaert wrote:
>

>> That is one hell of a menu.  Would be good if we could actually
>> improve the menu system.  Have you looked into that?
> I've been on the verge of bringing this up for a while.
>
> The issue we have with the menu is the exact same issue we had with the
> aliases until 4.7.
> We load the entire path alias into memory on every load.

Past tense.

We've replaces the one big load by a plethora of small loads. I am
convinced this isn't a an improvement in all cases. E.g. on drupal.org,
we got plenty of memory to burn, so the old setup probably wasn't much
of a problem.

> I didn't mention it because i thought it was unlikely that someone had
> that many menu items i was wrong (and that's one hell of a menu).

IMNSHO this is a screwed up setup, nothing more.

Cheers,
	Gerhard