[development] Object caching

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 09:52:43 UTC 2006

On 21 Jul 2006, at 01:19, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
> We've replaces the one big load by a plethora of small loads. I am
> convinced this isn't a an improvement in all cases. E.g. on
> drupal.org, we got plenty of memory to burn, so the old setup
> probably wasn't much of a problem.

But even on drupal.org, Drupal 4.7's "many small queries" worked
better than the "one query"-appoach we used in Drupal 4.6.  I
attached a conceptual graph that illustrates the impact of the URL
aliasing changes for those who aren't well aware .  The path aliasing
in Drupal 4.7 is better than the one in Drupal 4.6, but that doesn't
mean there is no room for further improvements. :)

Personally, I find algorithmic improvements much more interesting
than caching-based solutions.