[development] Caching, caching, caching...

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Fri Jul 21 15:40:10 UTC 2006

Khalid B wrote:
> What Ken Rickard said makes me think of another solution:
>
> If we provide a generic way to exclude certain paths, that can cut down
> the processed aliases.
>
> For example, a site may only want to alias "taxonomy/term/*" and
> "node/*" and nothing else.
>
> Another site may only want aliases for "node/*" and "user/*"
>
> The code this way is generic and customizable on a per site
> basis with no patches, ...etc.
>
> You get the idea ...

Interesting idea. We could look at the system urls that actually are
aliased on a particular site, try to abstract some regexp from them
(mainly by replacing numbers by a regexp matching numbers, I'd think.
Maybe also by truncating them.) and store the resulting regexps in a
variable. Then, before we'd look for a matching alias for a particular
system url we can first match that urls against our regexps.

I somehow doubt that this would be faster, though.

Cheers,
	Gerhard