[development] Have you ever laughed fate in the face?

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Fri Jul 21 20:20:21 UTC 2006

> +10. This is the solution we should get behind. Dries has targeted
> workflow+actions for next version. It's flexible. It's an API. There
> are a bunch of actions out there already (and they're easy to write).
> As part of "core" install profile, we could add a reasonable default
> workflow (with states like "unpublished" -> "published" ->
> "deleted/archived").

yeah, i like this too. but i don't think it is fair to propose this as a
solution since workflow is nowhere near ready right now, and noone is
working on it AFAIK. chad has worked on the delete patch for many months,
and proposing a vapor solution is not helpful.

> As to checking the "deleted" field. This can happen using
> hook_sql_rewrite. Any legit query looking at nodes should be calling
> this hook anyway. Also: this allows for the deletion to live in
> contrib, which sounds like what people want.

clarification: currently, you only call db_rewrite_sql() when performing a
listing of nodes, and not when retrieving a single node. it would be simple
enough though to add the single node view case to node_access() function.