[development] runaway caching vs. admin/node

Alex Markley alex at malexmedia.net
Mon Jul 24 05:12:06 UTC 2006

Hello everybody; Alex here.

I don't want to pester anybody, but I'm still new to the process of
reporting issues and things, so please correct me where I err!

Mostly, I just wanted to draw attention to this:
http://drupal.org/node/75186

I've submitted a patch already, but I'm afraid it's more of a hotfix for
myself than a real, solid core patch.

Additionally, I'm not sure if I did the right thing making the issue
"critical". I think I did it mostly because of how much of a nightmare
it could be for web admins. (I shudder to think how many times this bug
has poisoned my front page without my knowledge!)

Please give me some feedback on the patch. If you all think I'm going in
the right direction, I'd be willing to:

	=> Install, test, and patch HEAD
	=> Expand the patch to clean up node_operations()
	=> Expand the functionality of the admin/node form as described in the
issue.

So, feedback. Yeah. :)

Thanks for your time! ttyl
--
Alex (Malex) Markley
http://MalexMedia.Net/

Useless Info:
	System kernel: Linux 2.6.14-1.1653_FC4
	Reliability: 01:00:02 up 3 days, 2:05, 3 users, load average: 0.16,
0.14, 0.15