[development] Developing modules for a photo agency

Hannes Lilljequist hannes at perrito.se
Wed Jul 26 18:24:37 UTC 2006

Hi!
(Sorry if this is was already posted - but I don't think it was.)

I am (slowly) developing a site for a small independent photo agency.
I feel that a lot of the functionality that I need is already in
Drupal core and contrib, but there are certain points that I need to
address, probably through developing a few new modules. (Theming is
obviously an important part of it too, but that's another story.)

I have a few ideas on how to implement the functionality that I need
and some choices to make, so I'm hoping for some comments and wisdom
from the community. Also, if someone else is already doing or has
done anything like this, that would be good to know. Hopefully this
could turn into a solution that other picture agencies can use, or
even better, a set of general modules that can be used in many
different contexts.

In short, I need too look at:

1) the handling of large image files and the quality of resized images,
2) a specific image search function, and
3) ecommerce integration.

To keep this message short I'm saving the details, but I made a post
in the forums describing my thoughts so far. If your'e interested or
have experience in any of these areas - please take a look!

http://drupal.org/node/75282

Thanks!

/Hannes - zoo33