[development] Fwd: [SECURITY] [DSA 1125-1] New drupal packages fix execution of arbitrary web script code

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Thu Jul 27 04:42:46 UTC 2006

On 7/26/06, Kieran Lal <kieran at civicspacelabs.org> wrote:

> On Jul 26, 2006, at 7:49 PM, Khalid B wrote:
>
> is that under Debian when someone does apt-get upgrade, they expect that
> the package gets upgraded seemlessly the Debian Way.
>

> While I have no interest in seeing a Debian package of Drupal I do think a
> Ubuntu Server package of Drupal on reliable 6 month release cycles is
> reasonable.

 As Khalid mentioned, it's still the general need for "packaging" of (for
starters) core Drupal.

Adrian is talking with Shuttleworth Foundation and we should be keeping an
> eye towards seeing Drupal as the CMS platform of choice for these kinds of
> foundations.
>
> That's my 2 cents.

It's a good goal for us "marketing" types...Gerhard may tel us he does not
care :P

There might be some connection with the SpikeSource work here. James and I
had kicked around some concepts around automating this, and having
per-module apt-gets.

It's definitely something to put on the "to do" list of investigating
feasibility and directions.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747