[development] the past, present and future of drupal admin

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Thu Jul 27 07:29:25 UTC 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 00:54, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> Usability is defined by how easy it is for users to build a mental
> model of the site and its organization.  A mental model lets you
> figure out what would happen in a novel situation.

Well, there's Usability, which is for expert users, and there's Learnability,
which is for new users.  Very often those two goals can be at odds with each
other.  With a highly modular system like Drupal, a person is generally an
expert in one area and a novice in another (just added a new module), so it
makes it more complicated.

(I was a usability major in college (Human-Computer Interaction), and of
course therefore went on to become a programmer.  Go figure. <g>)

That said, I do agree with the idea that "setting up stuff" should be fairly
centralized.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012