[development] Fwd: [SECURITY] [DSA 1125-1] New drupal packages fix execution of arbitrary web script code

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Fri Jul 28 03:35:55 UTC 2006

Earl Miles wrote:
> Adrian Rossouw wrote:
>> We also need to tackle individual module versioning. Each and every
>> time a drupal.org module
>> distribution package gets updated with any change whatsoever, a new
>> version needs to be created.
>
> Dear god no. Developers need to be able to control the version numbers

i suspect this is a semantics mismatch. Adrian is probably thinking of
version number like Subversion thinks of version number. It always increases
with every commit. A public release is a different axis. A version number
can increment while a release number stays the same. We just need sensible
words for these things.