[development] Database queries on drupal.org

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Fri Jul 28 16:58:35 UTC 2006

On Jul 28, 2006, at 8:49 AM, Larry Garfield wrote:

> - Flushing the cache is non-cheap.  I recall a while back someone
> mentioning MySQL's "deferred" functionality, which could be useful
> here.
> (If it takes an extra half-second for a cache-flush to commit, that's
> probably not a problem for the business logic.)

Right.  The key here is that we do not use auto-increment in this
table.  MySQL inserts and deletes assume auto-increments and there
are some optimizations that can be done with the LOW-PRIORITY or
QUICK for the DELETE command.

> 147.989	1.08	137	cache_get	DELETE FROM cache WHERE expire != D

Could be:
	delete quick from cache where expire!=D;
	optimize cache;

It's been suggested that Drupal can support conditional non-ANSI SQL
statements that at DB specific.  Not sure how to check for MySQL
version and if that should be done only once so we can run MySQL
specific queries.

Cheers,
Kieran