[development] Views argument builder

Sam Tresler sam at treslervania.com
Sat Jul 29 18:36:22 UTC 2006

Hi,
    My first post to the mailing list here.  I'm thinking about starting
development on a module that can create forms that in turn create a URL
to feed to an existing View.
    A good example would be a classifieds ad setup where the Content
Type is Advertisement with various fields, and the View is
Search_Results, referencing those fields as needed.  This module would
allow an admin to create a form in which he could specify values (via
checkboxes or dropdown) that, upon completion by a user, are handled in
Views argument handler.  So, for example, a Price field, would take the
arguments max_price and min_price to return ads in a users price range.
    As I mentioned, I'm new, so any advice or alternate suggetions are
very welcome.

Mostly, I want to know if this is something people want?  Thanks in advance.

--Tresler