[development] pootle for online translations

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Sat Jul 29 19:28:47 UTC 2006

On 29-Jul-06, at 12:02 PM, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:

> Boris Mann wrote:
>> On 28-Jul-06, at 8:49 PM, Moshe Weitzman wrote:
>>> would be cool if we used pootle (http://translate.sourceforge.net/
>>> wiki/pootle) to make a translation site like civicrm has: http://
>>> translations.openngo.org/
>> Google now has a machine translation service, too. Not sure if it
>> has APIs yet or not. If we do make a translation site...well, it
>> may as well be a dedicated documentation site.
>
> I've wanted a Drupal translation site for quite some time. I think
> it should be easy to hack up a version of locale module which
> allows for translation on the spot.

OK...I'm cc'ing Djun, who is going to be the lead on building the
client site. Let's take this to a group on groups.drupal.org: http://
groups.drupal.org/drupaltranslation

For fun, we'll of course want to call it t.drupal.org...after our t()
function.

Cheers,

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747 San Francisco 415-367-3595