[development] OpenID

Arnab Nandi arnab at arnab.org
Mon Jul 31 20:29:13 UTC 2006

(conversation fork)

While we're talking about authentication systems, I thought it would
be relevant to mention "Cosign" ( http://weblogin.org ):

"An open source project originally designed to provide the University
of Michigan with a secure single sign-on web authentication system.
Cosign is part of the National Science Foundation Middleware
Initiative (NMI)"

This is a single-point auth system, in contrast to OpenID, which does
the opposite. However, this is extremely useful in institutions
(universities, companies, etc) where there is a universal login system
already in place. (All of UofM's ITservices use this)

I haven't seen any Drupal client implementations that implement this;
does anyone know of one?

-Arnab
(note: i am not related to the cosign project in any way)

--
http://www.arnab.org