[infrastructure] Re: [development] Drupal 4.5 unsupported

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Thu Jun 1 14:22:42 UTC 2006

> failing that, we should at least rehash the thread about giving the
> releases silly names.

That is a separate discussion. It will only help defer putting
a number on the next version and using a code name instead.
So, whether something is 6.5.0 or 7.0.0 can be determined
late in the release cycle not in the beginning which (IMHO) is
a good thing since we do not know what features will be in until
the freeze takes effect.

Once that version is released, it has to take a number and we
are back to this dicussion.

In any case, Dries said he will not change the versioning scheme,
so the only option left is to a) improve Steven Peck's document
and b) communicate it better.