[development] Download statistics for core

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Mon Jun 5 06:01:11 UTC 2006

>> Two words: Poormanscron + Core. :-)
>>
>> I have been using poormanscron for ages now. It is stable, no
required
>> configuration, nothing of that sorts - just enable it and voila!
Make
>> everything as simple as it can be and not any simpler. Someone once
said
>> that :-)
>
> Not everyone has had your success.  The support forums are full of
> people who have had problems with poormanscron.  At least they were
> full of it 6-12 months ago.
>
> I'd be happy if poormanscron could be confirmed stable to the point
> that it is included in core and run every night be default - that
> would get rid of all the "search doesn't work"  messages, but I
guess
> I'm saying it deserves a double check before being included.
>
> Greg

I am surprised, really - I will have to see what kinds of problems the
people had. I've never had a problem, and I've been using it since I
think Drupal 4.3 or 4.4 or so.

I'll have a look to see if I can find issues with poormanscron and
whether I can reply to them - I've really had no problem whatsoever and
running it currently on more than 15 sites, of which two send out
mailing lists, and all are fully operational.

Kobus