[development] How to validate a $node?

Robrecht Jacques robrechtj+drupal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 08:24:09 UTC 2006

On 6/7/06, Jim Riggs <drupal-lists at jimandlissa.com> wrote:

> You can take a look at my quotes.module.  It can import several
> quotes through a single node submission form.  Although the concept
> is a bit different from what you are doing, it does have to
> individually validate and submit each quote.  You might be able to
> get some hints from it...or give me some hints if you see problems
> with my code!  ;-)

The problem with your importing code is exactly what I was pointing out.
Suppose I attach a required taxonomy to the "quotes" content type. You don't
set it. You don't validate it. Still the node is created.
Or if I use hook_form_alter() to add a "#required" to the title textfield so
it must be non-empty... you'll happily save the node without the title set.

You also bail out creating quotes from the first error you encounter while I
would like to import the next rows too.

I may have misread the code.

Now for your specific case, this may be ok, but for a generic node_import it
is not.

Robrecht