[development] api.drupal.org is annoying.

Nick Lewis nick at nicklewis.org
Thu Jun 8 17:12:44 UTC 2006

Just some useful info regardless of api.drupal.org

To do a search engine friendly redirect of ANY drupal site, use an htaccess file that follows this pattern.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^drupaldocs\.org [nc]
RewriteRule (.*) http://api.drupal.org/$1 [R=301,L]

It will automatically redirect every page in the site (to see it in action, watch the url when you type in http://nicklewis.smartcampaigns.com/node/846 ).
Failure to do a redirect like this is going to badly affect api.drupal.org's google rankings.

Best,
Nick Lewis
http://www.nicklewis.org