Import/Export of CCK (was Re: [development] So, you like CCK?)

Mark Fredrickson mfredrickson at ppmns.org
Mon Jun 12 14:32:34 UTC 2006

> Much like views. It's a good idea. Actually, considering our recent
> discussions about install profiles, exporting this in a format that
> would be compatible with install profiles/installer would be great.

I've spent some time on that:

http://drupal.org/node/58153

The difficulty is faking a form submission. All the saving/updating
code is right in the _submit functions, so it is hard for modules to
use CCK programmatically.

I've been debating factoring this out, but it is a large task. I
haven't seen any love on my patch anyways, so I'm wondering if the
effort is worth it, or if I should just wait for Jaza's generalized
import/export API or FAPI 2.0 (which should make faking form
submissions easier).

In penitence for my supporting the thread hijaking, I promise to
review the original patch.

-Mark