[development] drupal vs. free hosting action points

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 11:46:18 UTC 2006

On 17 Jun 2006, at 09:44, Gabor Hojtsy wrote:
> Since there is a significant interest in the Hungarian Drupal user
> crowd to use Drupal on several of the free hosting accounts
> provided in our country, and there were quite a few problems
> before, I decided to look into installing Drupal on the two major
> free hosting services (ultraweb.hu and freeweb.hu). Here are my
> observations on supporting free hosting providers (it was not
> straightforward, nor easy for a beginner).

I think all of your action points are worth discussing -- and
implementing.

I know that some cheap hosts no longer support Drupal because it it
takes too much resources.  Bluehost.com, one of the biggest hosting
companies, removed Drupal from their default install system (while
other software like Joomla! and Wordpress are still available).  I
believe you can still install Drupal manually, but no longer through
their one-click CPanel setup.

  Action point: make Drupal use less resources.