[development] Staging content to production

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Sat Jun 17 17:08:34 UTC 2006

Scott Reynolds wrote:
> ok...but what happens when  your user base excedes 1000. What would
> happen to your staging area? How would you assign a unique uid > 1000?
> How about when your vocab excedes 1000. This is a VERY VERY VERY bad
> software design move.

please refrain from hyperbole.

any site can reserve additional space by incrementing the sequence ids in
the sequences table and in AUTO_INCREMENT fields. Anyway, a solution that
works for 90% of sites is a lot better than 0% of sites which is what we
have now. A solution does not need to be perfect to be extremely useful.