[development] Forms API newbie guide?

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Sun Jun 18 09:04:36 UTC 2006

I'm just starting out trying to create my own module, and am having
problems understanding some concepts.  I'm finding the online docs/api
to be lacking in some areas.  So I was hoping someone might know of a
good resource to building a module that will include creating a form and
inserting/updating form data into a database table.

I'm looking at Drupal 4.7, and have partial success with the Form API.
I'm able to insert data, but updating is failing miserably.  I'm sure my
approach is not correct, but don't see much in the docs to help me out.
   (I don't *think* it's a question of how to use code, but more of how
to use the framework - the APIs address the code part.)

Thanks for any tips.

Shawn