[development] Establishing a separate portal titled http://www.drupalmarket.com for offering Drupal based commercial services online?

Fouad Riaz Bajwa bajwa at fossfp.org
Sun Jun 18 17:57:22 UTC 2006

Hi Community Members,

A small idea for all of us, it just dawned upon me whether some of us could
team up and introduce this concept of http://www.drupalmarket.com
<http://www.drupalmarket.com/>  where by we could all establish commercial
project services around Drupal for the rest of the world and a portion of
the income, say 2%-5% would go as a commission to the Drupal project
sustaining it out of every project that is commissioned or completed via
this website. I would have done it from here but I am based in Pakistan,
don't have a credit card or the group here to make such an initiative. I
wanted this to be a successful Open Source Community Support and OSS based
Commercial Market Development programme? Your suggestions guys and anyone
wants to team up, it could be like this, some support the hosting, some the
system, some the marketing aspect and etc, etc! But don't forget the idea
proposing guy! :-)

The project would be like this:

1.	An online market place and commercial forum related to services and
support around Drupal
2.	A project board where Drupal Service Buyers can post projects for
Drupal Service Providers to Bid on
3.	A Module sale/commissioning market for developing and selling large
scale Drupal Modules
4.	A Theme sale/commissioning market for hosting custom developed
Drupal Themes
5.	Service Provider Blogs
6.	Service Provider Tutorials Center
7.	A wiki that will host a book edited by service providers on
providing Drupal Services
8.	All sales and purchases will be charged a commission say, 5% out of
which 2%-5% charges will automatically be donated to the Drupal Project.

So who is gonna join in this model?

Regards
Fouad Riaz Bajwa