[development] Switching themes in modules

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Tue Jun 20 08:34:26 UTC 2006

On 20 Jun 2006, at 8:30 AM, Gordon Heydon wrote:

> I have done a bit of work in this area for a client, and basically
> what happens is that you can change the $custom_theme at time time
> up until the first theme() is called.

maybe during 4.6.
Not many modules actually call theme() during _init, which is where
most of the theme switching happens
(hell, even in config files)

Multi theme switching is just plain broken in 4.7 due to the blocks/
region configuration.
Which is the reason the sections module hasn't been updated (for
instance).

Hence, my suggested changes to the theme/block configuration
(implementing a
new grouped configuration for theme/region/theme settings and
switching between those instead)

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy