[development] How far is DRUPAL-4-6 maintained?

Augustin (a.k.a. Beginner) drupal.beginner at wechange.org
Tue Jun 20 12:40:02 UTC 2006

Hello,

How far is DRUPAL-4-6 maintained?

(Disclaimer: I use 4.7 for all my sites, so I have no specific interest in
earlier versions).

I am asking because I noticed a few things and I am curious. I don't imply
anything (especially, I am not blaming anyone for anything!).

Here:
http://drupal.org/project/issues?projects=3060&versions=11555,11262,10237,9739,9703,7696,7636,7578,5660,7407&categories=bug&priorities=1&states=1,8,13,14,2
we have 5 critical bugs relevant to the 4-6 branch only (those critical issues
have been fixed for 4.7 and cvs).
3 out of 5 have a patch already.

Here:
http://drupal.org/project/issues?projects=3060&states=14
we have altogether only 6 RTBC patches, which shows that the four
core-commiters are doing their jobs :)
What I notice, though is that 3 of them are patches for the 4-6 branch that
have been sitting there for weeks.
My guess is that they went below the commiters' radar because they are not cvs
or 4.7 patches (but I may be wrong).

Lastly, what is the policy for bugs that have been fixed in 4.7 and cvs but
not in 4.6?
(example:
http://drupal.org/node/69027 ).
Can the issue be closed straight away, or should the issue be marked for the
4.6 branch?

Above, I said that Dries, Steve, Killes and Drumm are doing their job
magnificently because there are only 6 RTBC patches.

We cannot say the same of myself and the rest of the community:
http://drupal.org/project/issues?projects=3060&states=8
There are 246 issues with a patch needing review. Often a proper review is
what is missing to make those RTBC.

Thank you to all who contribute, one way or another :)

Augustin.

--
http://www.wechange.org/
Because we and the world need to change.

http://www.reuniting.info/
Intimate Relationships, peace and harmony in the couple.